We all want to keep our little ghosts and ghouls safe this Halloween. Here are some simple reminders on how to protect your trick or treaters so everyone has a great time.
- When choosing or constructing your costumes make sure masks fit securely and provide adequate vision and ventilation. Children should also wear shoes that are well-fitting and sturdy.
- Costumes should be made of flame resistant materials.
- Accessories can be a real hazard. The best swords and knives are short, soft, and flexible.
- Add reflective tape to the costume or bag your child is using to carry candy. Walk with a flashlight so everyone can see where they are going and in turn, others will see you.
- Walk from house to house as a group, and make sure children are accompanied by an adult.
- Stick to trick-or-treating in well-lit homes in familiar neighborhoods.
- Look both ways when crossing the street. If there is a cross walk available, use it.
- Keep candles and jack-o-lanterns away from landings and doorsteps at your home where costumes could brush against the flames.
- Be sure the walkway to your house is clear and free of any tripping hazards.
- Have a great Halloween and don't eat too much candy!
PS - The holidays are right around the corner! Be sure to enter to win up to $2,500 worth of Target Gift Cards! Click HERE to Enter!